In 1925, the neighborhood surrounding Park Lake was not considered part of downtown Orlando. To reach out to neighbors in this area, the downtown Presbyterian Church began a mission church on this site on beautiful Park Lake. Our church Sanctuary was completed in 1926, and our Education Building was added in 1951. Various additions and expansions have been made throughout the years.
Park Lake has been a local Presbyterian congregation doing the work of Jesus Christ gathering in this place since that initial chartering in 1925. We look forward to where God will take us next.
In 2002, Park Lake purchased the hotel property on the west side of Highland Avenue. Part of the property was transformed into our Faith Arts Village Orlando (FAVO) in 2011, part of the property became the parking lot for our church campus, and the remainder of the property is still awaiting God’s call.
All are welcome to worship here and join our journey with God as we go into the world as disciples of Christ.