Park Lake actively supports missions worldwide and in our community in answer to Jesus’ call to share His good news and to love our neighbors as ourselves. Come be Jesus’ hands and feet in the world. We are better together.
Park Lake supports the following local missions:
- Christian Service Center – Daily Bread
- Duvall Home
- Grace Medical Home
- Habitat for Humanity
- Lutheran Services of Florida Refugee Support
- The Russell Home for Atypical Children
- Second Harvest Food Bank
- Society of St. Andrew
- Presbyterian Answer to Hunger (a.k.a. PATH or 2 cents per meal)
- Center for Women and Families (CWF) which is part of the Coalition for the Homeless
Also each month, the children and Middle School Youth Sunday School classes prepare Blessing Bags containing water, food and hygiene items for the homeless which are available to the congregation to give to those in need.
Park Lake as a community, and its members individually, participate in other mission projects that arise throughout the year.
Park Lake supports the following international missions:
- Dr. Barbara Jo Easton – serving in Nagasaki, Japan.
- Dr. Daniel and Elizabeth Turk – serving in Madagascar.
- Justo Mwale Seminary Student – in Zambia. We have been supporting this seminary since 2010.
- Nedson Zulu & Sebber Banda – serving in Mozambique.
- Namumu Orphanage Centre – Siavonga, Zambia (Park Lake is in a Covenant Partnership with the Namumu Orphanage Centre)
- Chickens for Namumu – various members of Park Lake make cloth chickens which are sold for $11 each. The money is sent to the Namumu Orphanage where a real egg-laying hen is purchased for $11. The eggs laid by the hens are used and sold by the orphanage. It is a gift that keeps on giving. Cloth chickens can be made to order. Please contact the Church Office to order a Namumu chicken.
Each year, Park Lake holds a week long Mission Fair to raise funds in support of specific local and international missions. Funds are raised via a silent auction, a Buy-It-Now rummage sale and a special gift offering.
There is food and fellowship during Mission Fair. A delicious international pot luck (see Mission Fair Recipes 2012) is held the evening of the silent auction. Our guest speaker for the Mission Fair addresses our combined Adult Sunday School classes and provides the message during worship. After worship, a celebration luncheon is enjoyed.
There are also service opportunities during Mission Fair serving Daily Bread at the Christian Service Center and participating in other hands-on mission work.
Faith Arts Village Orlando (FAVO):
FAVO is an outreach ministry of Park Lake that serves the faith community, art community, and the visiting public. The mission of FAVO is to encourage art as an expression of faith. You are invited to partner with us in this creative endeavor to enhance our city, to create a village where artists and the community can gather, and to reach out to the under-served people around us in creative ways.
Please see links below for more information:
Health & Care Ministry:
This ministry helps members of our congregation address all aspects of their spiritual, physical and emotional health. Events are sponsored that provide information and education about health and well-being and how it relates to our Christian life. We are encouraged to examine our lifestyle choices allowing each of us to live up to the potential given us by God.
You do not need a medical background to be on the Health & Care Ministry Team. All you need is a passion for people and a concern for health and wholeness.
“I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security.” Jeremiah 33:6